- Wild Bill and Intellectual Ignorance
- Ken Henry and the Establishment
- In Search of a Post-political Masculinity
- How regulators short-circuited energy markets
- Jordan Peterson, #MeToo and his Darwinian God
- Liberalism: A Joke, Literally
- Liberalism Isn’t Woke Enough
- JBP & Super Rugby Snowflakes
- Trump, Jesus and the Evangelicals
- GOP and Golden Globes
Follow Me On Twitter
- RT @RealMarkLatham: Australians have worked it out: "Transition to a clean energy economy" = privileged elites like Alex Turnbull continui… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @clairlemon @SwipeWright True, he has arsehole traits, but he's right. What ails the West is a state of over-ration… https://t.co/IKjMGdFb4f about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to clairlemon ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @DamonLinker Yet genuine (classical) Liberalism doesn't see politics - and thus winning elections - as the solution ... about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to DamonLinker ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @checkmatestate: Orwell's best prediction? 09:18:45 AM May 21, 2019 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Author Archives: Mark Christensen
The issue of same sex marriage is taking Australia down the same path as the US. In this article, I argue we should not proceed with additional “protections” for religious freedom. But as a quid pro quo, do away with … Continue reading
Here is an excellent review from Jon Baskin of “Thinking In Public” by Benjamin Aldes Wurgaft. It asks what is the value/purpose of the public intellectual. Can our thoughts be useful in a political sense? What role does philosophy play … Continue reading
There is no applicable-to-all Solution to life. And a good thing, too. Human dignity depends on us figuring things out for ourselves. That said, reason doesn’t have to be hopeless in a big picture sense. The purpose of critical thought … Continue reading
My latest article, published in the Australian Financial Review and Online Opinion
My article published in The American Conservative on the rise of Donald Trump.
My latest on the problem with Western culture.
My latest article on our political predicament.
This article of mine has been published at Front Porch Republic. It argues the purpose of big picture theory/metaphysical speculation was never to solve the nature of reality or the existence of God or the meaning of life. Rather, the … Continue reading
This article was initially published in the Australian Financial Review, 20 January 2016, titled “National Electricity Market needs shock treatment”.
Here is the submission made to the AEMC on its review of the Strategic Priorities for Australian energy markets.