- Trump, Jesus and the Evangelicals
- GOP and Golden Globes
- Celebrate or Else
- Thinking In Public
- A Radical Take on Radical Skepticism
- Gay Marriage is about Politics, not Love and Acceptance
- It’s the human spirit, stupid!
- Tired of kicking the can down the cosmic road …?
- Pyne, Trump and Turnbull walk into a bar …
- An End to Metaphysical Rebellion
Follow Me On Twitter
- @EminaMelonic: Kass makes a simple statement that contains profound wisdom and depth: “Lovers, we know, are face to… https://t.co/NL0NdD61OX about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to EminaMelonic ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @openculture What we should get from philosophy is the belief uncertainty is a pre-condition for meaning ... @MrSamratX about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to openculture ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @jkalbrechtsen: Get your own house in order before you start lecturing others or presuming to know how to fix other… https://t.co/GRspm1uEIq about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to jkalbrechtsen ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @helenhousandi: I've watched this GIF at least 100 times now, cry-laughing the entire time. https://t.co/Hih7VJe28T 05:43:44 PM February 24, 2018 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Category Archives: Articles
God forbid, Trump is not the subversive figure described by Andrew Sullivan. But he is the next best thing when confused, self-important elites are hopelessly out of touch. He senses America’s epic journey toward moral perfection involves a climax far too sublime … Continue reading
This article, published in The American Conservative, argues the Republican Party can’t win a political battle with Democrats because it lacks the conviction. In the end, the “revolution is moral, or not at all.”
Here is an excellent review from Jon Baskin of “Thinking In Public” by Benjamin Aldes Wurgaft. It asks what is the value/purpose of the public intellectual. Can our thoughts be useful in a political sense? What role does philosophy play … Continue reading
There is no applicable-to-all Solution to life. And a good thing, too. Human dignity depends on us figuring things out for ourselves. That said, reason doesn’t have to be hopeless in a big picture sense. The purpose of critical thought … Continue reading
My latest article, published in the Australian Financial Review and Online Opinion
My article published in The American Conservative on the rise of Donald Trump.
My latest on the problem with Western culture.
My latest article on our political predicament.
This article of mine has been published at Front Porch Republic. It argues the purpose of big picture theory/metaphysical speculation was never to solve the nature of reality or the existence of God or the meaning of life. Rather, the … Continue reading
This article was initially published in the Australian Financial Review, 20 January 2016, titled “National Electricity Market needs shock treatment”.